WHAT IS CORONAVIRUS?
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a new virus.
The disease causes respiratory illness (like the flu) with symptoms such as a cough, fever, and in more severe cases, difficulty breathing. You can protect yourself by washing your hands frequently, avoiding touching your face, and avoiding close contact (1 meter or 3 feet) with people who are unwell.
Reports suggest that 2019-nCoV, COVID19, infection can cause mild to severe disease and be fatal in some. Common observed symptoms include fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia or severe acute respiratory syndrome, particularly in those with other chronic underlying health conditions, and even death.HOW IT SPREADS
People can catch COVID-19 from others who have the virus. The disease can spread from person to person through small droplets from the nose or mouth which are spread when a person with COVID-19 coughs or exhales. These droplets land on objects and surfaces around the person. Other people then catch COVID-19 by touching these objects or surfaces, then touching their eyes, nose or mouth. People can also catch COVID-19 if they breathe in droplets from a person with COVID-19 who coughs out or exhales droplets. This is why it is important to stay more than 1 meter (3 feet) away from a person who is sick.HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF
STAY HOME. SAVE LIVES. HELP STOP CORONAVIRUS!
- Thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol based hand rub like sanitizers or better wash them with soap. Do this regularly
- Do maintain 1 meter distance to other. Observe proper social distancing.
- As much as possible avoid crowded places;
- If needed to go out, wear proper physical equipment (PPE) such as Mask, Gloves, etc.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, and mouth to avoid transferring the virus that may be on your hands.
- Observe proper hygiene. Being clean can protect you away from the virus.
- Stay at home and self-isolate if you have mild symptoms like cough or cold.
- Seek medical attention if you have symptoms that are similar with the corona virus.
- Take vitamins to boost your immune system
- Keep up to date information about COVID-19
Please STAY home as much as you can. Observe proper SOCIAL DISTANCING. WASH your hands often.
COVER YOUR MOUTH when you cough. Please WEAR A MASK